On the night of February 12, 1940, the old log cabin is destroyed by a fire. In the same year, in April the Turing Club begins the construction of a new cabin on the same site, in Poiana Crucii. The Pestera House had the ground floor and the wooden floor and was completed in October 1942.
The consecration of the new hut took place on Sunday, October 18, 1942. “At 10 o’clock, in the large hall of the house, in the presence of over 300 people, the abbot of the” Pestera ” monastary, Mihai Bădilă officiated the religious service for the renovation of the new shelter, the foundation of which was laid on August 6, 1940, on the site of the former “Hiking Inn”, consumed by a fire on the night of February 12, 1940.
The capacity was 119 places in rooms with 1-4 beds and common bedrooms, Buffet and Restaurant-Cantina with self-service. It also had electricity from its own hydroelectric power plant and running water. Near the cottage there is a ski field “for beginners and advanced; season 15 December-30 April” (from the Cabanelor Guide, Gh Epuran1962)
The cottage resists this form until September 1970, when it will be destroyed again by a fire.
Between 1970 and 1978 the shelter house operates in four huts built near the ruins of the old cottage.